Hi, I am JM!
Welcome to my blog I called ‘Soles En Route’.
I am not really good in self introductions and brag about myself but I need to make one right now to create this additional page in my blog.
I work full-time in the office, a full-time husband and Daddy to two beautiful girls and a part-time traveler.
I am an Entertainment Specialist based in one of the 7,641 islands of the Philippines. I used to be a Seafarer in an International Cruise Line and spent 1/3 or almost 10 years of my life on-board. Now I finally left the High seas and settled here in my beautiful country for good but I still travel a lot for work and pleasure.
Being a Seafarer, I got to travel numerous countries and cities for free. And this time, I prefer being a tourist in my own motherland and discover the surreal beauty of all the 81 provinces of the Philippines.
I do most of my adventures through road trips and travel as family with my wife and kids. I share our wonderful experiences, interesting stories, first-hand travel guides and entertaining photographs through this humble blog which I only started last April 2016.
I am not traveling to blog and I am not blogging to travel. I travel because I love to see different places and I blog to to create a place to share my exciting travel escapades and help people who are looking for inspiration and motivation to become a Wanderer like me.
Places I Wandered
- Australia (Adelaide, Ardrossan, Gawler, Gumeracha, Hanhdorf, Maitland, Melbourne, Port Elliot, Port Victoria, Tanunda, Victor Harbor and Williamstown)
- Brunei (Muara and Bandar Seri Begawan)
- China (Haikou, Nansha, Sanya, Xiamen, Zhanjiang and Zhejiang)
- Japan (Ishigaki, Miyakojima, Naha and Taketomi)
- Hong Kong
- India (Goa, Lakshadweep and Mumbai)
- Indonesia (Bali)
- Malaysia (Klang, Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Lumpur, Langkawi, Malacca, Penang and Pulau Redang)
- Philippines (Provinces: Aklan, Albay, Bataan, Batangas, Benguet, Bulacan, Cagayan, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Cavite, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, Iloilo, Isabela, La Union, Laguna, Metro Manila, Negros Occidental, Negros Oriental, Nueva Ecija, Nueva Vizcaya, Palawan, Pampanga, Quezon, Tarlac and Zambales)
- Taiwan (Changhua, Chiayi, Hualien, Kaohsiung, Keelung, Nantou, Penghu, Taichung, Taipei and Yilan)
- Thailand (Phuket and Pattaya)
- Vietnam (Danang, Halong Bay, Ho Chi Minh and Hue)